Who Are You – Exactly?
Behind every door is someone responsible for how things operate.
I learned in elementary school that assisting others is about serving.
When I became a teacher’s assistant, my job was to help grade papers, assist students with assignments, and monitor the class when necessary. It was fun and the beginning of my administrative career.
From that point, I became fascinated with what it takes to run any environment. A classroom is just a small office. The administrative process is everywhere. There is always the need for paperwork, organization and management – structure.
It’s not as simple as some think or it looks. That’s why I say, “If you are not passionate about helping and serving others, you are in the wrong profession.” Who’s The Admin Pro (TAP)?
As The Admin Pro, ask yourself:
1. Do I have a servant‘s heart (want to help others)?
2. Do I “enjoy” what I do (not just who I am)?
3. Do I maintain self-care (work/life balance)?
4. Am I a problem solver (all things aren’t beneficial)?
5. Am I a quick thinker (fires are inevitable and shouldn’t fester)?
6. Am I a life-long learner (things are ever-changing, i.e. social media)?
The list of questions could go on; however, the most important is “Do you know “who” you are?” Not everyone can be an Admin Pro. Be honest about your passion, purpose, drive — reason for getting up and getting started to serve.
Think about it…
Are you excited to be the servant of an environment? Or, do you dread the thought of helping anyone else? Why do you keep serving day after day?
No desire to serve…Don’t be TAPPED (The Admin Pro Placed bEhind the Door). TAPPED out; who’s in!